Sunday 14 June 2009

Bribery will get you ........

You know what?

What? did I hear you say?

I've found the perfect bribery for my oldest boy, Connor.

This year for his birthday he got to choose his celebration. He could either have a party or get a DS Lite. He chose the DS Lite.

He loves this little thing so much that it has become the perfect behaviour dedicator. He was given 5 or 6 games and the console. He gets to have 15 mins every school day and can choose whichever game he wants to play.

The moment he steps out of line and by this I mean backchatting, yelling at me, aggressive behaviour towards me or his brothers, refusing to do as asked etc, he loses that 15 min privilege and one game.

At the end of the week, he can only play the games he has remaining. Adding up the 15 mins is how much time he gets to play on the weekend. If he has been able to play everyday then he gets 1hr 15 mins of playtime Sat and Sunday. If he only has 2, 15 min days, then he only gets 30 mins playtime.

He has had it for 2 wks now and so far his behaviour has been perfect :D

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Here's hoping the thing never breaks !!! :)