Wednesday 17 June 2009

This Rehab thing is getting old!

I am an impatient recoverer (is that a word :D)

I am so over having the stroke and just want life to back to normal.

I'm glad that I am able to do rehabilitation to help getting my right side back to working order again but since being home from hospital, the responses are alot slower.

I expected to be doing more and "feeling" more than I do right now.

My Rehab team are very happy with my results though and assure me that I'm doing extremely well for it only being 5 wks since the stroke.

Monday I was back at the pool, walking instead of swimming. That went for 25 minutes. Not long I know, but yeah, it was looooonnnnngggggg.

Then at lunchtime I started my rehab course.

I had Occupational Therapy for an hour, Speech Therapy where my swallowing and mouth/face/neck muscles were checked out (for an hour) and then finished it off with Physical Therapy. It was HUGE!

I was so tired come night time and Tuesday morning.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

maybe you should go to the stroke correction class at the pool ... ha ha !!!