Tuesday 14 July 2009

4 Weeks

Its around 4 wks since my last post.

Don't know why I haven't blogged, just haven't felt like it.

Don't you ever feel that way?

Last Friday made 9 wks since having the stroke!

Wow! I can't believe it was that long ago. Especially seeing as I have been home for 7 of those 9 weeks. I have been so blessed to have recovered so quickly.

On Thursday I go to see the Stroke Team. I'm hoping that they will allow me to start driving again.

One thing I have found so difficult is that I have not be able to be independent. I can't just jump in my car and go wherever I want.

I've always taken that for granted in the past but I now have a new perspective of dependence.

Anyway, in the past month I haven't really been doing anything exciting.

I've had doctor appointments, therapist appointment, physio appoints, occupational appointments .........

My life has consisted of appointments with some days have multiple ones.

I was supposed to have an appointment today but woke up with a stomach bug. It felt so good to just stay at home on my own for a change.

Yep, that's right, Gary went back to work last night so now I'm on my own again (well, he's sleeping in the other room but you know what I mean) :D

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

good to see you blogging again. i was actually thinking about your blogging yesterday ... wondering why you weren't doing much of it. i would have called but i was in the car on my way to work ! :) crazy day yesterday. anyway ... i'll call soon !

here's to tomorrow and HOPEFULLY getting your license back !!!!!!!!!!!!