Monday 2 March 2009

Day 3 Without Coke

Wow! Day 3. I can't believe I've lasted this long actually. 

I feel the "need/desire/yearning" for a coke deep down. Its a burning ball sitting in my gut at the moment but I'm not giving in. Hopefully not in any near future either.

Yesterday I stood in front of a shop fridge just staring at the bottles of coke. I was having such a good conversation in my head and I bet I looked very strange :D The conversation went like this:

"Oh look coke is 2 for $5"
"Yeah and its $5 staying in your wallet"
"But, its on sale"
"Yeah, but you're not drinking it"
"But surely one won't hurt"
"I bet Bonnie won't say that"
"Oh that's right, bring out the big guns"
"Anything to keep you from buying that coke"

And you know what, I walked away empty handed.

Did I regret doing that?

Heck yeah! I am so badly wanting a coke right now I could of cheerfully shot myself but I'm sure it was a good decision.

Goes to show how badly I've been addicted to the stuff but I am glad I didn't give in.

Since Christmas I've lost 9 kgs and hopefully this will help me knock a bit more weight off. Plus going swimming every week is helping to build strength.

As Bonnie said, just need to find a small bottle of something good that I can have instead of coke but I don't want it to be any other type of softdrink.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I'm so proud of you Toni !! You're doing a great job not giving in to your addiction ! I know it's hard. Believe me, I KNOW !!!

I love that your conversation in your head included me ! ha ha ... and that I'm a big gun !

Bonnie said...

PS ... we need to try some nice juices and find a good one for you !!