Saturday 11 April 2009

A sticking quote

I came across a quote the other day that really did make me stop and think. You've probably heard it before, I think I have, but its only now that its made its mark

Get off the Cross, someone else needs it

How many times in our lives have we played the martyr? Thought that situations only unraveled because of decision we made? How much blame have we placed on our shoulders when it was someone else's actions?

I don't know about you but I know I've done all of that at times.

I hate seeing someone hurting especially if I see a way to fix it. That's when it becomes a major hiccup in my walk. I take on that hurt that really isn't mine, thinking that it will help the person who owns it, forgetting often that its not my path to walk. I'm not the one who should be solving the problem, providing the solution but should really be a shoulder and support.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

OK ... you've had a long enough blogging break ! Time for Melbourne photos ...

:)

Or a book review ...