Friday 7 November 2008

As I wait for sleep

sitting by the window in my study, listening to the cicadas, I realise just how peaceful midnight can be. No blaring television, no excited children, no cranky just woken up husband (hehehehe). I realise just how tired my body is. Not so my mind. I could go on thinking about anything tonight but my body is having a hard time keeping up with my mind. So I sit and wait for sleep to claim my mind so my body can have rest.

I am so looking forward to art lessons tomorrow. I hope to have a step by step progress report here soon with photos :D

I had a really great day today. We started off by having to go make a layby payment at Maroochydore. Gary & I decided we needed to look for ideas for Connor & Justin for Christmas. The great thing was, normaly Gary will walk around for a 10 minutes and then he's grumpier than a bear and we have to leave, today though we walked through by Target & K-Mart for nearly 2 hrs just looking at things. We did lay-by a scooter and accessories for Cameron so his present is done :D

Then we headed over to Bunnings. I love Bunnings. So much to see and get ideas from :D I bought 4 more paint brushes for class tomorrow.

After that we got some lunch and had a really nice lunch together (with Cameron of course :B) then Gary went to bed (this nightshift is really a drag now after 14 yrs of doing it) and Cam & I just had our together time. Picked Connor up from school and then went and visited with Bonnie, Jono, Alia and Grace for a bit. It is such fun when I get together with Bonnie. We always laugh and its good knowing we can have a deep, thoughtful and intellectual conversation as well. Thank you Bonnie, for giving me back my D&Ms.

I then picked up Justin and the 4 of us went to Kawana so I could have a look around with the boys telling me unawares exactly what they are hoping to get for Christmas hehehehe Now I have some great ideas :p

I want to put my Christmas tree up this weekend so we'll see how that goes.

I should go to bed and read and hope my eyes just close.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

You are so welcome ! I quite enjoy our visits myself ! Next week I may have to come to your place ... if you get your tree up !! Not that I wouldn't want to come over if you didn't have a tree but it there's a Christmas tree involved, I'm there !! (even though you're putting it up before Thanksgiving !!!)