Wednesday 12 November 2008

Making an apology

To say I'm sorry can be such a huge thing. It can be groundbreaking, profound or full of anguish. I find it the hardest when I have to say sorry to my kids. Today, I had to do just that. I had to say sorry for how I reacted to something. I can have a flashfire temper over certain things. There isn't much that sets it off but when it does, it rages. So unfortunately, the one in the firing line was one of my boys. The thing that gets me is that everything I said was justified it was just the temper that came with it that wasn't. So in apologising, I had to make certain my boy understood that while I was sorry that I got so angry, what he had done was still very wrong. Now I feel wrung out and lousy.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

That is hard Toni. But ... apologizing to your kids is such a good example to them ! And I think it's good for them to see we aren't perfect ! Good on you for making it right !

Toni said...

Thanks Bonnie. It just left me feeling sick but now is all good :)