Saturday 14 February 2009

The frailty of Life

Remember my guinea pigs? I have two brothers, Spike and Flame.

I went and moved the piggies this morning and they were happily running around although a bit wet.

This afternoon I took their vegies & water down and Spike was laying on his side and couldn't get up. He was kicking his legs but when I put him upright he would just fall to his side.

Over the next 4 hours he gradually stopped being able to move his head or his legs. I used a hairdryer to dry him off and warm him up (on advice) and then put a hot towel in a box under another towel to keep him warm but he just couldn't last.

I am really surprised at how upset I am for a person who originally didn't want these rats without tails. Little did I know at the time that they are more related to a rabbit than a rat hehehehehe.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Poor little fella !! How are the kids doing ? Are they sad ?

Toni said...

They were upset but I think I was the most upset :D

Crazy Mumma said...

ohh Toni :( :( Such frail little things aren't they. Hope his mate isn't feeling the loss too much.