Thursday 26 February 2009

Stress

Do you have much stress in your life?

If anyone asks me I usually say "no more than anyone else" but this last couple of weeks I have actually felt stressed.

Its made me irritable, grouchy, argumentative, sad, nauseous and filled with a bit of loathing. The thing is, I let myself get stressed when in reality the control of it was all mine. I let myself start to dread things. This made me start disliking things and soon everytime I thought of it, I felt sick to my stomach. Once I had that feeling, lookout people around me. Thankfully my loved ones, love me even when I'm cranky. I don't know what I would've done without Justin last week. When things starting getting too much for me, he would just pop up beside me, hug me and tell me "I love you mummy".

One day his usual had an extra tagged on the end. "I love you mummy" hugs "because you're beautiful and loveable" awwwwwww how the heart breaks.

But it was this, that I grabbed ahold of and it was this that helped me keep from crumbling under the pressure I allowed to build. Everytime Justin told me he loved me, I was the best mummy, I was so pretty, I wasn't fat - just a bit big (hahahahahahahaha) I was able to breathe easier.

I'm not yet ready to talk about the stressor. Maybe I never will be. But I do know that with the love of the people I love, it is easier to bear.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

He's just the sweetest boy, your Justin !! Glad he was able to cheer you up !!!