Monday 26 January 2009

Dish Cloths - Part 2


Okay, with a little more research, I'm fairly confident on how to do the original pattern I found. I was a bit confused with the YO direction in the pattern. I had to look up exactly what that meant.

My one I'm doing now won't have the fancy edge unless I crochet one after I'm finished (which I will probably do) but it will look pretty none-the-less due to the varigated cotton I'm using.

Don't you enjoy knowing that I knit?

Go on, sure you do hahahahahaha

DISHRAG PATTERN FOR BEGINNERS

Requirements

1 ball of knit cotton

Directions

Cast on 4 sts.
Row 1: Knit one row.
Row 2: K2, YO, knit to the end of the row.
Repeat row 2 until there are 40 sts (for dish scrubber) or 50 sts (for face
cloth).
Next row: K1, K2tog, YO, K2tog, knit to the end of the row.Continue decreasing until 4 sts left.
Cast off.

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Is there any way to put the pattern up here ? If not ... you'll have to teach me how to make dish cloths ! I was actually working on my scarf today ...

Toni said...

Well ....... nah that's cool. Its a free pattern so shouldn't be any problem putting it here. I was going to gift you some but seeing as you can knit ..... :D

Katy said...

Great job Toni!!! It looks fantastic! :) You yarn over counter clockwise...just like you do when you are knitting a stitch! :)

Now you can make scarves, shawls, hats and more!!! YIPPEE!!!! :) ;)

Toni said...

awwww thanks Katy but I can't take credit for the white one *giggle*. That was the pic that came with the pattern.

Wait until you see my pretty colour one though ;)

Bonnie said...

I'll have to get you to show me how to do this ... I don't know what yarn over means ... Don't know what tog means either.

Also ... I don't know how to cast on or off !! ha ha ... what was that you were saying about me knowing how to knit ??