Friday 16 January 2009

Solitude among crowds

This morning we met some friends at one of the community pools just after 9am. It was a really nice morning, though still quite warm. The water was a bit cool :D The pool has quite a lot to offer with 2 indoor pool sections, an olympic size pool and 2 wading pools for the little ones.

I really enjoyed meeting up with Bonnie and her kids and it was great how we were able to sit and watch the kids swim while having a chat too. There were times when neither of us spoke but there was no need to fill the silence. That is so important to me.

Sometimes with people I can't relax and feel that I need to constantly be thinking of things to talk about. I am so happy to find that Bonnie is friend who I can relax and be myself with and don't need to fill the silence with needless chatter.

Not only did I enjoy watching the kids have fun, I enjoyed the companionship of my friend and that is something I treasure.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Great post. That Bonnie must be a pretty cool chick ! ha ha

PS ... I had a great time too and feel the same way as what you expressed here ! :)