Saturday 17 January 2009

The Fear of turning 40

You know what? I don't have it. I'll be honest and admit that I don't really understand what the fuss is all about.

Yes at times I'll ask "where have the last 15 yrs gone" but not because I'm afraid of being 40 but because my mind still thinks I'm only 25 hahahaha

6mths before turning 30 I took stock of my life. I had goals that I had wanted to reach before I turned 30 and was a bit shocked that I hadn't achieved them. I haven't once worried about what goals I have or haven't achieved by 40. I have my faith, husband, children, family, friends, life/health and home what better goals are there?

I look at birthdays the same way as I look at wrinkles - they are all badges of life - and what marvelous medals they are.

I know I don't have many wrinkles and I'm probably glad I don't, but when I see someone with wrinkles I see beauty. The beauty of life forever to show and wonder at the knowledge that person may hold.

So in just over 2 wks I'll leave my 30s behind forever as I enter my new stage. Maybe I'm finished with the caterpillar stage and I'll finally turn into a beautiful butterfly :D

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

You're already a beautiful butterfly ! Just like your painting ...

40 ... wow ! I've still got five years to go to catch up with you ... let me know how it is ! tee hee

See you tomorrow ...