Tuesday 20 January 2009

Gifts of Love

Its always nice to receive gifts but to me, the best gifts are the ones that have thought behind them. Its so easy to quickly run into a store and buy the first thing you see but to actually "work" at it, think about the person you're buying for, turns a gift into a wonder.

I was given some really beautiful gifts at Christmas last year but the ones I will treasure most are the ones from my oldest son. He's only seven but he asked his nanny to take him shopping. They went to some garage sales and this is what he bought me. Now I know they cost him about 50c but I don't care. I think they are the most beautiful things that I now own.


For his dad, he painted a picture and his nanny framed it for him.


5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Connor painted that ??? That's boy has talent ... !!!

Bonnie said...

PS ... Love the new look !! What font are you using ?

Toni said...

I think he had a bit of help but my mum says he did 90% of it himself :D

Thanks. I think I'm happy with it for the time being :D The font is Papyrus,Lucida Handwriting.

Katy said...

What beautiful gifts! That picture he painted is amazing!!!!!!! :)

I love the new *look* to your blog! It looks great! xoxo

Toni said...

Thanks Katy :D